Measles, a highly infectious disease, is very common in childhood. It is so common at this stage of life that nearly all children everywhere in the world go through this brief period of red spots. The disease appears in epidemic form, often in the winter season.
Measles Symptoms Signs:-
(1) The first symptoms which appear during 7 to 14 days after exposure to the virus are feverishness, cold, watering of the eyes and dry cough.
(2) Rashes appear on the skin in three to five days after the onset of these signs.
(3) These rashes, which consist of small rounded spots with reddened skin in between, initially appear on the sides of the face and the neck and then gradually spread all over the body, appearing last on the extremities. Initially pink in color, these rashes grow darker as time passes.
(4) Measles is usually accompanied with slight fever and diarrhea. In rare cases of great severity, high fever and delirium may occur.
(5) Complications which can arise from this disease include pneumonia, bronchitis, and ear abscess. One serious but rare complication is the inflammation of the brain.