(1) Certain Measles Home Remedies have been found beneficial in the Measles Treatments.
The most valuable amongst these is the use of orange.
When the digestive power of the body is seriously hampered, the patient suffers from intense toxemia and the lack of saliva coats his tongue and often destroys his thrust for water as well as his desire for food.
The agreeable flavor of orange juice helps greatly in overcoming these drawbacks. Orange juice is the most ideal liquid food in this disease.
(2) Another Measles Cure Point is the juice of lemon. It also makes an effective thirst-quenching drink in measles. About 15 to 25 ml. of lemon juice should be taken diluted with water for this purpose.
(3) Turmeric (haldi) is beneficial in the Measles Natural Treatment. Raw roots of turmeric should be dried in the sun and ground to a fine powder. This powder, mixed with a few drops of honey and the juice of a few bitter gourd leaves , should be given to the patient suffering from measles.
(4) Powdered liquorice (mulethi) has been found valuable in relieving the cough, typical of measles.
(5) The child patient should be given this powdered liquorice mixed with honey.
(6) The use of barley (Jau) water has proved beneficial in case of troublesome cough in measles.
(7) This water should be taken frequently sweetened with the newly drawn oil of sweet almonds.
(8) The seeds of eggplant (baingan ) are stimulant. According to Dr. Sanyal of Calcutta, intake of half a gram to one gram of these seeds daily for three days will help develop immunity against measles for one year.
(9) Children having measles should not be allowed to mix with others. They should be given complete rest. Hygienic condition along with the above mentioned treatment will lead to speed recovery. Medications should be strictly avoided.